Select Page

Acorns and Aston Villa in partnership

AVFC charity match day thank you banner

Acorns Charity Match Day v Bournemouth

The 2015/16 charity match day returned to Villa Park for the game against Bournemouth on 9th April, kick off 3pm.

This fixture was the 5th charity match day held by Aston Villa in the Barclay's Premier League, as well as the 9th year of the partnership between the two organisations.

The match highlighted the vital role Acorns plays in providing care and support to local life limited or life threatened babies, children and young people under the age of 18, and their families, across the heart of England, and celebrate the incredible support Villa fans have provided over the years.

If you'd like to own your own bit of Villa history, there's still time to bid on the shirts worn on the day itself over on our eBay auction.

From everyone at Acorns, thank you for your fanastic support.

Winning match day raffle numbers:

  • 03025 - Fiat prize
  • 01013 - Malmaison prize
  • 03046 - Nando's prize
  • 01319 - Cadbury Egg prize

Acorns and Villa in partnership

Since Aston Villa FC announced a ground-breaking partnership with Acorns Children's Hospice in 2006, this special relationship has gone from strength to strength as their recent activity demonstrates. 

Villa have been Acorns children's heroes by initially providing a financial donation to cover the urgent costs of 77 days hospice care to keep beds open at Selly Oak hospice. Over the past few years, Villa players have also taken the time to visit the children and families who use Acorns, bringing smiles to their faces and those of our hard working staff. Most memorable for all was when Villa became the first Premier League club to forego a main shirt sponsor fee and place a charity name on its shirts for free.

Acorns 2015 Villa Park Abseil

Acorns 2015 Villa Park Abseil

On July 18th 2015, over 70 fearless abseilers descended over 100ft down the iconic Holte End raising funds for Acorns Children's Hospice and Villa in the community.

Among those taking part was Matt Greaves, whose daughter Jessica uses Acorns hospice in Selly Oak (full story here). Also taking part were a team of firemen (who descended in uniform) and 77 year old Villan Peter Goode from Halesowen whose first ever Aston Villa game was back in 1946.

75 per cent of sponsorship raised on the day will go to Acorns with remaining 25 per cent going towards Aston Villa’s charity, Villa in the Community, which delivers projects supporting over 32,000 people across Birmingham every year.

you might also be interested in:

Translate »