- Acorns is an independent charity managed by an appointed chief executive and a senior management team who are accountable to a board of trustees.
- A number of formal groups including parents, carers and young people provide regular feedback and input into how services are delivered and can be improved to better meet needs. These include:
- Care services are regulated and audited by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) www.cqc.org.uk
- Acorns is a member of the Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB) – the regulator for fundraising in the UK www.frsb.org.uk
- Acorns is a member of Together for Short Lives – the UK voice for children and young people who are not expected to reach adulthood and their families www.togetherforshortlives.co.uk
- Acorns is a member of Hospice UK (formerly known as Help the Hospices) – the national charity for hospice care www.hospiceuk.org