- Acorns is an independent charity managed by an appointed chief executive and a senior management team who are accountable to a board of trustees.
- A number of formal groups including parents, carers and young people provide regular feedback and input into how services are delivered and can be improved to better meet needs. These include:
- Care services are regulated and audited by the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Acorns is a member of the Fundraising Regulator – the regulator for fundraising in the UK
- Acorns is a member of Together for Short Lives – the UK voice for children and young people who are not expected to reach adulthood and their families
- Acorns is a member of Hospice UK – the national charity for hospice care
You may also be interested in…