These booking terms and conditions apply to everyone who takes part in Bubble Rush. They contain important information regarding participation. Upon registration to this event, you agree to and accept these terms and conditions (if you are a parent or guardian of an under 16 year old participant, you agree and accept these on their behalf).
1. If you have registered other people in this event, please be aware that you have accepted the terms and conditions on their behalf and are confirming that you have been given the authorisation to do so. It is your responsibility to ensure that the members of your group have read and understood the terms and conditions.
2. All participants taking part in Bubble Rush do so at their own risk. In no event shall Acorns Children’s Hospice be liable for any injuries, loss or damages whatsoever, including indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential losses connected with any aspect of this event.
3. All sponsorship and donations are non-refundable even in the case of injury and/or not taking part in the event. Tickets will only be refunded in the case of full cancellation of the event.
4. Acorns Children’s Hospice collects your personal information as part of your application to participate in Bubble Rush. Where necessary we will pass this information onto our event partners who will use it for the organisation and delivery of the event. We will not pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes.
5. While taking part in Bubble Rush, all participants are representatives of Acorns Children’s Hospice, as such we expect all participants to have consideration for other people.
6. By entering the event you give permission for the free use of any pictures or video footage taken by you on the day for promotional advertising or other uses as deemed appropriate by Acorns Children’s Hospice.
7. Any vehicles left at Sandwell Valley Country Park during Bubble Rush are left so at their own risk.
8. Tickets are non refundable, however, it may be possible to transfer your place to another participant, this is at the behest of Acorns Children’s Hospice and its partners.
9. The Bubble Rush course is approximately 2.5km or 5km depending on the number of laps taken. It is not a race and is a non- competitive, non-timed event. Participants can walk, jog or run and bypass bubble stations if necessary.
10. Participants aged 16 years and under must take part alongside a paying adult and be accompanied throughout the event. School and youth groups who take part must have adequate supervision.
11. Upon running through the Bubble Stations, all children must be accompanied by an adult who will be responsible for their safety.
12. Please wear sensible footwear.
13. The level of reality, as opposed to perceived risk associated with the activities is very low. However, the types of risk may be something with which you are not ordinarily familiar. For avoidance of uncertainty, environments & situations that you may encounter include:
14. Participants also have direct responsibility for safety. Your responsibilities are as follows:
IMPORTANT: If you sustain an injury and are unable to take part in Bubble Rush, please contact the Acorns Events team in writing as soon as possible. It is important that you do not take part in the event unless you are completely fit to do so.
15. Due to the ingredients used for the dyes in the bubbles, these may stain clothing. It is the participant’s responsibility to come suitably dressed for the event. The event organisers take no responsibility for colour stains on any shoes or clothing. Please attach the rain cover on your pushchair if walking through bubbles.
16. The foam mixture is completely natural and safe. The dye is food dye and is water soluble so it’s environmentally friendly too. In fact the creamy foam has the same viscosity as water and does not contain any soap at all
17. It may take a couple of washes to remove the dye from your skin however it does not present any harm. Slight stinging in your eyes may occur, however the pH balance is very low. Be cautious when wiping your eyes with your hands if they have frothy suds all over them. We suggest you pack some wet wipes to remove excess foam after you’ve finished in the bubbles, and having some towels to hand in the car for the journey home – or better still a change of clothes!
18. The bubble stations can be filled to a depth of 4 feet, we recommend that you carry small children, hold the hand of older children and that they wear eye protection – swimming goggles are fine!
19. Acorns Children’s Hospice reserves the right to alter the start time and waves at any time.
20. Acorns Children’s Hospice reserves the right to cancel this event at any time. In the event of this happening, Acorns Children’s Hospice and the suppliers will endeavour to reschedule the event and invite all those already signed up to the revised date.
21. You are not permitted to use any of the sponsorship money that you raise in relation to Bubble Rush to pay for your expenses. If you do not pass all of the money that you raise to Acorns Children’s Hospice you may be committing a criminal offence.
22. Any existing regular donations which you make to Acorns Children’s Hospice do not form part of the total raised through sponsorship. This includes any donations made by a corporation that you represent. The only exemption is Matched Funding.
23. Monies reclaimed by Acorns Children’s Hospice from the Inland Revenue for Gift Aid (or any other charity tax scheme) does not count towards the total value of sponsorship you raise.
24. Sponsorship money must be paid directly to Acorns Children’s Hospice via cash, cheque, online via JustGiving or by card over the phone. Cash payments can be made in person by prior arrangement only. Cheques should be paid to ‘Acorns Children’s Hospice’ and sent to The Events Team at Drakes Court with a covering note detailing the name of the participant and the event name (in this case the Acorns Bubble Rush). Online fundraising pages should be set up in the name of the participant. Please follow this advice to ensure that Acorns Children’s Hospice can easily trace the funds that you pay in.
25. Acorns Children’s Hospice cannot be held liable for any cheques lost in the post, or monies paid to Acorns Children’s Hospice in any way other than those which Acorns Children’s Hospice has recommended. The amount which Acorns Children’s Hospice deems to have been raised by you will be the amount that Acorns Children’s Hospice has recognized as having been paid into its bank account by you.