Acorns Fire & Ice Walk 2022 – Terms & Conditions
- Acorns have a limited number places available on a first-come-first-serve basis for both the Fire & Ice Walk. By accepting one of these places you are agreeing to pay a declared registration fee and minimum sponsorship as outlined on the event web page.
- Due to Covid 19 restrictions there is a capacity limit for any spectators/general entry tickets. These will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- All registration fees and donations are non-refundable even in the case of injury and/or not taking part in the event.
- On registering for the Fire or Ice Walk event you agree to do so at your own risk. Acorns Children’s Hospice shall not accept liability for any injury to person as a result of participation in this event (except where Acorns Children’s Hospice are responsible for such injury to person).
- Furthermore, Acorns Children’s Hospice shall not accept responsibility for loss of or damage to participants’ property or property belonging to third parties, however this may arise.
- Acorns Children’s Hospice reserves the right to cancel, postpone or change the format of The Fire & Ice Walk Event where this becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond our control. We will aim to communicate any major changes to participants as soon as it becomes necessary to do so.
- Acorns Children’s Hospice are collecting your information to participate or attend the Fire & Ice Walk event as a participant/spectator. We will not pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes. If you would like to hear from Acorns, please make sure to choose the appropriate opt in selections when registering.
- While taking part in the Fire & Ice Walk all participants are representatives of Acorns Children’s Hospice, as such we expect all participants to have consideration for other people and to follow all health & safety requirements communicated to you on the day, to help ensure your safety.
- By entering the event you give permission for the free use of any pictures or video footage taken by you on the day for promotional advertising or other uses as deemed appropriate by Acorns Children’s Hospice.
Participating in the Fire & Ice Walk
- Entrants taking part in the Fire and Ice Walk activity must be 16 years or above at the date of event. There is no age restriction for spectators.
- The Fire & Ice (glass) Walk element of the event is organised by an external event company, Time4Change, who are solely responsible for the conduct and operation of the Fire & Ice Walk activity, including all health and safety requirements.
- The Event organiser requires all walkers to attend a training seminar and sign a waiver before taking part in this activity. There are no exceptions.
- The Event organisers reserve the right to stop walkers if they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The bars situated onsite at Millennium Point will not serve alcohol to anyone taking part in the Fire or Ice Walk until they have participated in the event.
- Participants and spectators must follow instructions from members of the events and marshalling teams at all times throughout the event.
Paying your sponsorship funds to Acorns
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, as a participant in either the Fire Walk or the Ice Walk you are agreeing to raise a minimum of £150 for Acorns Children’s Hospice. Each participant must raise at least £100 of their minimum fundraising target by 9th March and the remainder no later than one month after the event.
- Any existing regular donations which you make to Acorns do not form part of the total raised through sponsorship. This includes any donations made by a corporation that you represent.
- Monies reclaimed by Acorns from the Inland Revenue for Gift Aid (or any other charity tax scheme) does not count towards the total value of sponsorship you raise.
- By signing up to this event you are agreeing to set up a Just Giving Page at www.justgiving.com/campaign/fireandicewalk. Online fundraising pages should be set up in the name of the participants. All donations will automatically be transferred to Acorns. Once the event is over and all fundraising is complete, 15% of fundraising proceeds will be sent to Love Brum, with Acorns retaining the remainder.
- If you are participating with a family member, colleague or close friend and wish to share an online fundraising page, this is fine. In these cases, the target will be the combined total for those sharing the page and the relevant minimum sponsorship deadlines still apply per person.
If you have registered other people in this event, please be aware that you have accepted the terms and conditions on their behalf and are confirming that you have been given the authorisation to do so. It is your responsibility to ensure that the members of your group have read and understand the terms and conditions.