PARTICIPANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THEY ARE MEDICALLY FIT TO SKYDIVE BEFORE SIGNING UP TO THE EVENT AND MUST COMPLETE A MEDICAL DECLARATION FORM (form 115A) WHICH WILL BE SENT TO YOU ON REGISTRATION.
If you have any concerns regarding your suitability to jump, please contact the events team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01564 825 037 before registering.
1. All deposits are non-refundable and must be received at the time of booking.
2. By ticking the boxes and signing the booking form you agree to raise £450 sponsorship money. £400 of this should be received by Acorns no later than one week before your jump date (part of which will cover the cost of your jump). The final instalment of a minimum of £50 should be received by Acorns two weeks after the jump.
3. The minimum age for any parachute activity is 16 years. There is no maximum age for tandem skydiving, however anyone over 70 will require form 115B signed by a GP and will need to have an assessment carried out by the Chief Skydive Instructor. We recommend this is carried out before you book, please contact the skydive office on 01948 841111 for further advice and to schedule an assessment. The maximum weight is 15 stone (95kg) clothed and relative to your height. Please see the tandem weight limits for the airfield here: Weight restrictions. For any queries relating to age, height, weight or fitness to jump, please call the airfield on 01948 841111.
4. It is essential that all tandem skydivers fill in a medical statement (Medical Form 115A) in advance of the jump date. Those between the ages of 16-18 will require a parent or guardian present to sign a permission form. Failure to fulfil these conditions will result in the place on the jump being forfeited.
5. All skydivers should be in good health and possess a reasonable basic level of fitness. Certain conditions preclude participants from taking part. Medical Form 115A needs to be completed prior to and presented on the event date and if the skydiver has any medical conditions outlined on the form, they will also be required to fill in Medical Form 115B with a GP who needs to authorise the jump with their signature. Medical Forms will be sent to you by Acorns Children’s Hospice on registration. Skydiving Centre’s instructors will make all final decisions on if a health condition might make it dangerous for an individual to take part in a dive and refuse their admission. In this instance, money paid will be forfeited and Acorns Children’s Hospice will not be responsible for any costs, however we will make every reasonable effort to reschedule the jump with prior notice and proof of medical exemption from a GP.
6. In the case of bad weather Skydiving Centre reserve the right to change the date of the skydive. All deposits and payments made will be transferred to an alternative date.
7. In the case of a cancellation by Skydiving Centre, Acorns Children’s Hospice will inform you as soon as possible but we have no liability to make any refunds or to pay any compensation. Any compensation will be solely at the discretion of the supplier.
8. While on the premises of the airfield all participants are representatives of Acorns Children’s Hospice. As such we expect all participants to have consideration for other people. If, in our reasonable opinion, or in the reasonable opinion of any supplier or any other person in authority, you or any member of your party behaves in such a way that is detrimental to the reputation of Acorns, or in such a way as to cause, or be likely to cause upset, distress or danger to any third party or damage to any property we and/or the relevant supplier are entitled, without prior notice, to terminate the jump of the person(s) concerned. In this situation, the person(s) concerned will be required to leave the airfield. Neither we nor any supplier will have any further responsibility toward such person(s), no refunds will be made and neither we nor any suppliers will pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination.
9. Participants are required to make their own way to the chosen Airfield. The Skydiving Centre may refuse to accept any late arrivals. In this case all monies paid will be forfeited and Acorns Children’s Hospice will take no responsibility for others costs incurred by the participants (such as travel costs). Participants who fail to turn up on the day without prior notice will also forfeit money paid and will not be offered the right to reschedule.
10. By entering the event you give permission for the free use of any pictures or video footage taken of you on the day for promotional advertising or other uses as deemed appropriate by Acorns Children’s Hospice.
11. When you book, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you at Skydiving Centre. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid direct at the time to the supplier. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against Acorns (together with our own and the other party’s full legal costs) as a result of your actions.
12. In addition to Acorns Children’s Hospice Terms and Conditions, in signing this form you also agree to adhere to the conditions set down by the Skydiving Centre.
13. The skydiving centre reserve the right to make reasonable changes to the programme of any activity so long as these do not affect to any material extent the nature and scope of such activity.
14. The timing of any activity is given as a guide only and you will be required to wait for your turn along with other members of the public and club members. Skydiving Centre reserves the right to reschedule the timings or location of any activity, possibly at short notice, owing to unavailability of the activity, booking numbers, or any factor beyond the control of Skydiving Centre. Skydiving Centre reserves the right to discontinue an activity at its own discretion and should a suitable alternative be unavailable, you shall be entitled to a refund at the full purchase price.
15. Acorns Children’s Hospice is collecting your personal information as part of your application to participate in our Skydive. Where necessary we will pass this information onto our event partners who will use it for the organisation and delivery of the event. We won’t pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes.
16. If you have registered other people in this event, please be aware that you have accepted the event terms and conditions on their behalf and are confirming that you have been given the authorisation to do so. It is your responsibility to ensure that the members of your group have read and understand the terms and conditions.
17. Under no circumstances do we refund donations made, even if the amount donated exceeds the minimum required.