Are you ready to take on one of the Lake Districts toughest challenges?
You will trek to the summit of Scafell Pike, England’s highest peak, fully supported throughout along this magnificent route in the heart of the Lakes and be rewarded with epic panoramic views from the highest peaks in England.
The Lake District 7 Peaks challenge runs over one day, but with seven peaks to tackle it’s certainly no walk in the park! Prepare for an exhausting but energising journey through the rugged and dramatic landscape of the Lake District, as you venture across 15 miles and tackle seven of England’s most demanding peaks. The group will climb to over 3,000 feet (900m), crossing crags and moorland past the Langdale Pikes towards Scafell.
What can I expect?
The Lakes 7 Peaks challenge is graded as tough. This is the perfect challenge for participants who are of an adventurous spirit and an open mind and who wish to push themselves in a wild and remote region of one of the UK’s most iconic landscapes. On the Lakes 7 Peaks Challenge you will be:
- Trekking for around 11 hours in a single day.
- Covering 15 miles of mountainous terrain.
- Trekking without support, carrying all your food and water for the entire day.
- Ascending more than 1500m in a single day. That’s more ascent than Ben Nevis, the UK’s highest mountain!
- Summiting 7 of the highest hills in the Lake District, Scafell Pike (978m) Great End (910m) Ill Crag (935m) Allen Crags (785m) Rossett Pike (651m) Esk Pike (885m) and Bow Fell (902m).
By joining Team Acorns you’ll be raising money for life limited and life threatened babies, children, and young people across the West Midlands.
Simply select “Acorns Children’s Hospice” from the charity drop down when you sign up for the challenge, and we will be in touch to support you with your fundraising and send you any materials that you need.
There are 3 different fundraising options for you to choose from for this challenge, so you can select the one which works best for you:
- Option 1 – Self funded: £75 fee paid online & set your own fundraising target.
- Option 2 – Charity sponsorship: £25 reg fee paid online & at least £225 charity sponsorship.
- Option 3 – Mixed fundraising: £40 reg fee paid online & at least £210 charity sponsorship.
Are you ready to take on the challenge?
You can find full details about the challenge, including what’s included in the trek and kit recommendations on the Lake District 7 Peaks challenge page. If you have a question not covered, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.