Terms and Conditions
- Participants are responsible for ensuring they ae medically fit to skydive before signing up to the event and must complete Form 115a – Tandem Student Parachutist Medical Information and Declaration which will be sent to you by email.
- If you have any concerns regarding your suitability to jump, please contact the events team or 01564 825 037 before registering.
- All deposits are non-refundable and must be received at the time of booking.
- While on the premises of the airfield all participants are representatives of Acorns Children’s Hospice. As such we expect all participants to have consideration for other people. If, in our reasonable opinion, or in the reasonable opinion of any supplier or any other person in authority, you or any member of your party behaves in such a way that is detrimental to the reputation of Acorns, or in such a way as to cause, or be likely to cause upset, distress or danger to any third party or damage to any property we and/or the relevant supplier are entitled, without prior notice, to terminate the jump of the person(s) concerned. In this situation, the person(s) concerned will be required to leave the airfield. Neither we nor any supplier will have any further responsibility toward such person(s), no refunds will be made and neither we nor any suppliers will pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination.
- Participants are required to make their own way to the chosen Airfield. The Skydiving Centre may refuse to accept any late arrivals. In this case all monies paid will be forfeited and Acorns Children’s Hospice will take no responsibility for others costs incurred by the participants (such as travel costs). Participants who fail to turn up on the day without prior notice will also forfeit money paid and will not be offered the right to reschedule.
- By entering the event you give permission for the free use of any pictures or video footage taken of you on the day for promotional advertising or other uses as deemed appropriate by Acorns Children’s Hospice.
- When you book, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you at Skydiving Centre. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid direct at the time to the supplier. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against Acorns (together with our own and the other party’s full legal costs) as a result of your actions.
- In addition to Acorns Children’s Hospice Terms and Conditions, in signing this form you also agree to adhere to the conditions set down by the Skydiving Centre.The timing of any activity is given as a guide only and you will be required to wait for your turn along with other members of the public and club members. Skydiving Centre reserves the right to reschedule the timings or location of any activity, possibly at short notice, owing to unavailability of the activity, booking numbers, or any factor beyond the control of Skydiving Centre. Skydiving Centre reserves the right to discontinue an activity at its own discretion and should a suitable alternative be unavailable, you shall be entitled to a refund at the full purchase price.
- Acorns Children’s Hospice is collecting your personal information as part of your application to participate in our Skydive. Where necessary we will pass this information onto our event partners who will use it for the organisation and delivery of the event. We won’t pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes..