Select Page

India Dalai Lama Trek

6th - 15th October 2017
17th - 27th May 2018
25th Oct - 4th Nov 2018

Take on this 67km trekking challenge through North India, exploring the Kingdom of Gaddi , passing Hindu settlements and Buddhist Monasteries with spectacular views of the Himalayan mountains. End your challenge with an exploration of the magnificent Taj Mahal situated on the banks of the Yamuna River, ending an unforgettable spiritual journey.

Itinerary

Day 1 – Depart UK.
Day 2 – Arrive Delhi. Then take the overnight train to Pathankot.
Day 3 – Arrive at Pathankot and transfer to Dharamsala – home of the Dalai Lama.
Day 4 – Trek Dharamsala to Kareri (2,070m). Approx. 14km
Day 5 – Trek Kareri to Bal Village (2,330m). Approx. 15km
Day 6 – Trek Bal Village to Triund (2,995m). Approx. 14km
Day 7 – Trek Triund to Laka Got (3,500m), return to Triund. Approx. 12km
Day 8 – Trek Triund to Bhagsu Nag. Approx. 12km. Transfer to Dharamsala for celebratory meal.
Day 9 – Free morning at Dharamsala. Transfer to Pathankot for the overnight train to Delhi.
Day 10 – Arrive at Delhi and transfer to Agra. Visit Taj Mahal.
Day 11 – Early transfer to Delhi for flight to the UK arriving same day.

Global Adventure Challenges are organising this unforgettable challenge and you can sign up directly with them here. Choose from the options below:

Registration options

Option 1 Minimum Sponsorship

Registration Fee £299.00
Minimum Sponsorship £2,740.00
Airport Tax: £250

- You pay the registration fee to Global Adventure Challenges and then raise a minimum sponsorship for Acorns.
- We will be invoiced the balance of your challenge, so 11 weeks before the event you will need to send in at least 80% of your minimum target. The remaining 20% must be sent within 6 weeks of completing the challenge.

 

Option 2 Self- Funded

Registration Fee £299.00
Tour Costs £1,360.00
Airport Tax: £250

- You pay the registration fee to Global Adventure Challenges.
- 11 weeks before the challenge you will be invoiced the full amount.
- There is no sponsorship minimum for this option but we encourage you to raise as much as you can for Acorns.

Team Acorns!

By choosing to fundraise and support Acorns, you will receive

  • An exclusive Acorns running vest or t-shirt
  • A charity banner to bring with you for the challenge
  • A fun filled fundraising pack including sponsorship forms
  • Fundraising advice and support
  • Regular emailed newsletters

Register

For more information about this event, or if you have any questions, email events@acorns.org.uk or call 01564 825023

you might also be interested in:

Translate »