Sahara Desert Trek
2nd - 7th November 2017
15th - 20th Feb 2018
1st - 6th Nov 2018
Definitely not a stroll on the beach, take on the challenge of a hike through the ever-changing landscape of the Sahara Desert. The days will be hot and the trekking will be tough, but once you get to the top of the Chigaga Dunes and witness the desert sunrise, you’ll forget all of the hard work and just take in the breath-taking scenery.
Day 1 – Depart the UK for a flight to Ouarzazate. Once you have arrived you will be transferred to your hotel.
Day 2 – Transfer to M’hamid, the gateway to the Sahara via the Draa Valley. After lunch, trek to Bougharn Dunes. 2-3 hours trekking
Day 3 – Follow the ever changing landscape and trek to foot of Chigaga Dunes. 6-7 hours trekking.
Day 4 – Climb the Chigaga Dunes and witness the sun-rise over the Sahara – trust us – this will move you! Trek to Erg Aghaul. 7-8 hours trekking.
Day 5 – Trek to Foum Zguid and then transfer to Ouarzazate. Tonight we hold our celebratory dinner ‘Moroccan style!’
Day 6 – Transfer to airport for flight to UK.
Global Adventure Challenges are organising this unforgettable challenge and you can sign up directly with them here. Choose from the options below:
Option 1 Minimum Sponsorship
Registration Fee £175.00
Minimum Sponsorship £1,820.00
- You pay the registration fee to Global Adventure Challenges and then raise a minimum sponsorship for Acorns.
- We will be invoiced the balance of your challenge, so 11 weeks before the event you will need to send in at least 80% of your minimum target. The remaining 20% must be sent within 6 weeks of completing the challenge.
Option 2 Self- Funded
Registration Fee £199.00
Tour Costs £915.00
- You pay the registration fee to Global Adventure Challenges.
-11 weeks before the challenge you will be invoiced the full amount.
-There is no sponsorship minimum for this option but we encourage you to raise as much as you can for Acorns.
By choosing to fundraise and support Acorns, you will receive
- An exclusive Acorns running vest or t-shirt
- A charity banner to bring with you for the challenge
- A fun filled fundraising pack including sponsorship forms
- Fundraising advice and support
- Regular emailed newsletters
For more information about this event, or if you have any questions, email email@example.com or call 01564 825037