There are so many ways you can get involved: set up your own fundraising activities, take part in an event, nominate us as your charity at work or simply join our social media communities on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Instagram
Struggling for ideas of what to do? See which of these ideas take your fancy…
Be part of Team Acorns!
From runs to bike rides, abseils to skydives, there’s a host of events you can take part it for all ages and abilities to achieve that personal milestone, and help raise much needed funds for Acorns along the way. Head over to our events pages and sign up today.
Hold a bake sale
Indulge your sweet tooth and hold a bake sale with family and friends or colleague and get people to donate per slice, piece or plate of yummy goodness.
Bucket collection or collecting tins
We’re always on the look-out for volunteers to help bucket collect across the region – contact us today if you can help. You can also get in touch if you’d like an Acorns collection tin.
The perfect excuse for letting loose and donning some fancy outfits, you could even have prizes for the best (or worst) dressed!
Seasonal Fundraising Ideas
Halloween Fundraising Ideas
- Host a Halloween fancy dress party – ask for a small donation to go to work, school, or with family and friends in your spookiest costumes and the best dressed could win a small prize! You could hold some Halloween themed games – such as ‘Splat the Bat’ or Apple Bobbing.
- A bake sale is a classic fundraising idea why not put on a freaky twist? Make some ghoulish cakes, cookies, and biscuits and sell them to help aid your fundraising. You can download some recipes here.
- Hold a pumpkin carving competition, in return for a small donation your family, friends or colleagues can compete to have the best spooky design!
- Play Guess the name of the Witch’s cat! Purchase a small black cat teddy and come up with some names
- Set up a Witches hockey tournament and use your brooms as hockey sticks with each team being sponsored. Whilst people are watching get your best bucket collectors out to fundraise in the crowd.
Download your fundraising guide to get started
Our start your fundraising guide gives you all the information you need to kick-start your fundraising.
Don’t forget to let everyone know what you’re up to by publicising your event on social media!