Bed Booking Guidance
September 2021 -April 2022
From September 2021 we are accepting bookings for all three hospices.
The following guidance applies
- As usual, priority will be given to children requiring end of life care or where there is an identified emergency.
- Only two bookings can be “ in the diary” at any one time to ensure as many families as possible have the opportunity for a break
- A maximum of 8 nights can be booked before April 2022
- Bookings may be limited to only 3 to 4 nights at a time to ensure we can support as many children as possible
- As beds remain limited and we remain under Covid -restrictions all routine bookings will be considered as “go home beds” as they may need to be cancelled or curtailed at short notice. If you are going away, you will need to have a contingency plan in place for your child’s care in case we need to send them home earlier than planned.
- We anticipate there will be a high demand for weekend and holiday bookings and want to be fair to all families some of whom have been unable to access any stays through the pandemic. If you have already had weekend or holiday bookings, we may not be able to agree additional booking requests for these dates
You can make requests via phone to the hospice, with a Family team worker or ask at the hospice before you go home
Requests should be made to the home hospice in the first instance but may also be considered at another hospice if they have capacity.
Bookings are considered on a weekly basis. Please do not book accommodation etc. until we confirm your booking.
Just to remind you
- Bookings run from 3 pm on the day of arrival until 12 midday on the day of discharge home.
- All medication must be in the original boxes with clear dose and use by dates. An instruction to take “as directed“ is not acceptable and we may be unable to admit your child.
- Don’t forget to bring the basics, toothbrushes toiletries and socks etc. as well as any special equipment.
- Please allow time for us to go through your child’s care plan with you to ensure we get things right.
You might also be interested in…