Bed Booking Guidance
April 2022 – March 2023
From April 2022 the following guidance applies
- If you are going away, we ask you to have a contingency plan in place for your child’s care in case we need to send them home earlier than planned.
- Priority will be given to children requiring end of life care, symptom management or where there is an identified emergency.
- Only two bookings can be “in the diary” at any one time to ensure as many families as possible have the opportunity for a break.
- A maximum of 12 nights can be booked in one year.
- We can consider up to 8 nights however this cannot be guaranteed. Bookings may be limited to only 3 to 4 nights at a time to ensure we can support as many children as possible.
You can make requests via phone to the hospice, with a Family Practitioner or ask at the hospice before you go home
Bookings are considered on a weekly basis. Please do not book accommodation etc. until we confirm your booking.
Just to remind you
- Bookings run from 3 pm on the day of arrival until 12 midday on the day of discharge home.
- All medication must be in the original boxes with clear dose and use by dates. An instruction to take “as directed“ is not acceptable and we may be unable to admit your child.
- Don’t forget to bring the basics, toothbrushes, toiletries and socks etc. as well as any special equipment.
- Please allow time for us to go through your child’s care plan with you to ensure we get things right.
You might also be interested in…
Acorns Family Portal Guidance