Our Fundraising Promise
Acorns Children’s Hospice is registered with the Fundraising Regulator UK and the Fundraising Preference Service, which means that we are dedicated to best practice in Fundraising. The Fundraising Regulator works to ensure that organisations raising money for charity from the public are honest, open, transparent and accountable.
We follow the Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Practice and adhere to the following principles:
We are dedicated to high standards
- We do all we can to ensure that our fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds comply with the Code and with this Promise.
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment.
- We will never sell your data to any other charity or organisation and will only ever share your data with third parties for the purposes of processing and administration.
We are honest and open
We are clear
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used.
- Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we make clear how much of the purchase price we receive.
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment.
- 85p in every £1 is spent on helping our children and their families.
We are respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
We are fair and reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence.
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption.
We are accountable
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint.
- We have a complaints procedure, a copy of which is available upon request.
- If we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the Fundraising Regulator to make a final adjudication.
Fundraising Preference Service
By entering your details on the Fundraising Preference Service website, or by calling the helpline on 0300 3033 517, you can choose to stop email, telephone calls, addressed post and/or text messages directed to you personally from a selected charity or charities.
Your feedback is very important to us. Our Supporter Services team are available to answer any queries or address any concerns you may have.
You can contact us at:
Supporter Services Manager
Telephone: 01564 825 037