Pay for a Day
Pay for a Day is your chance to fund 24 hours of vital care in one of our 3 hospices by gifting £7,000.
Support 24 hours of care at Acorns Children’s Hospice
We make every day count at Acorns
We provide a home from home hospice environment, caring for children with life limiting and life threatening conditions whilst supporting the whole family.
Our 3 hospices provide support for children and families from across the West Midlands, Warwickshire, the Three Counties, Staffordshire and Shropshire.
At Acorns we understand that family time is precious when a child’s life is limited, and we support families in any way we can to create lasting memories.
How can you support?
It costs £7,000 to fund a 24 hours of vital care at one of our 3 hospices, by gifting this amount you can Pay for a Day at Acorns.
- You can make a donation
- You can fundraise or organise an event
- You can gather family, friends and colleagues to fundraise as a group
The day you choose to support could be:
- The day a family spend time together in the hospice gardens, creating special memories
- The day a child uses the hydrotherapy pool for the first time, and experiences weightlessness and pain relief
- The day siblings are able to play together on the accessible play area, with specialist equipment suitable for wheelchairs
- The day a mother is able to bath her child for the first time, using our adjustable bath and accessible bathroom
- The day a non-verbal child is able to communicate for the first time using the eye gaze system, letting us know what they like and dislike
Celebrate your day!
Paying for a day of vital care is a very special gift and we would like to help you celebrate your chosen day.
To say thank you we will place a personalised certificate in the hospice on your chosen day, letting visitors and staff know you have paid for this day.
We will also publically thank you for your generosity by publicising your gift on our website and our social media (unless you would like to remain anonymous).
In addition to this, we will provide you with a special memento to keep.
Seeing the care you have made possible
You will be invited to the hospice on your chosen day as we welcome you to come and see first hand the vital care and support you have funded. You will have the opportunity to learn more about our work and to meet children and our care team.
Why we paid for a day
Birmingham Airport Pay for a Day of care
Birmingham Airport has been supporting Acorns Children’s Hospice since 1997 and in 2016 an intrepid team abseiled down the side of an airport building as part of their continued support and fundraising. We were able to use part of the money raised from the event to Pay for a Day at one of our hospices.
“We know first-hand how vital Acorns care is to children and their families so to be able to be able to support that is wonderful. The abseil was a brilliant event and we know the money raised will make a real difference.”
Garfield Weston Foundation Pay for 3 Days of care
The Garfield Weston Foundation has been supporting Acorns since 1993 with a range of projects, most recently paying for 3 days of care – one day per hospice. They have visited our hospices and each time have been very pleased to see the impact of their donation.
“We are delighted to have supported Acorns in their Pay for a Day initiative. After visiting the hospice we fully understand the invaluable work of the nurses. Seeing the complexity of care involved just confirmed our commitment to supporting Acorns nurses as much as we can.’’
Why Pay for a Day?
There are lots of reasons to choose to support Acorns
- You will be making a real and lasting difference to local life limited and life threatened children and their families
- You will be supporting the UK’s largest children’s hospice charity
- It is a meaningful way to celebrate a date that is special to you or your organisation. Whether that’s an anniversary, birthday or in memory of someone
Thank you for your interest in Paying for a Day of care at one of our 3 hospices. Please fill out the form below and a member of our team will be in touch with more information.
Can I donate anonymously?
Yes. Please contact our Supporter Services team by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01564 825 037, and we can process your donation and will ensure you are not listed within our recognition materials.
I don’t have a specific day I’d like to fund, can you allocate one?
Yes. We are happy to allocate a specific day to you based on availability.
Will I receive publicity for my donation?
Yes. You will be thanked on our website and social media.
What support will I get throughout, will I have a main point of contact?
You will be personally looked after by a member of the Fundraising team, who will arrange your hospice visit and be on hand to answer any questions you may have.
Can I choose which hospice my gift goes toward?
Yes, you can choose from one of three hospices covering the following areas:
- Acorns in Birmingham (covering Birmingham & Warwickshire)
- Acorns in the Black Country (covering the Black Country and areas of Staffordshire and Shropshire)
- Acorns for the Three Counties (covering Worcestershire, Herefordshire and Gloucestershire)
How many children and families are supported at my local hospice?
- Birmingham – Over 270 children and around 365 families
- Black Country – Over 230 children and 290 families
- Three Counties – Over 220 children and 290 families