Grand Raffle 2023: Full Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions are the Grand Raffle Rules; the Grand Raffle is a small society raffle licensed by Bromsgrove District Council. By entering the raffle entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
- This raffle is being promoted by and on behalf of Acorns Children’s Hospice Trust, registered charity number 700859.
- To enter the raffle, you must be resident in Great Britain and aged 18 (eighteen) or over. Entrants may not buy an entry in this raffle on behalf of anybody under the age of 18. Any entrants found to be under 18 will forfeit their right to prizes.
- Entry is open to all residents of the UK (including Acorns Children’s Hospice volunteers and staff) but excludes Acorns staff directly involved in the sale of tickets, administration or management of the raffle, or with the ability to influence the raffle results.
- All tickets cost £1, payable in advance. Each ticket represents one entry only.
- All raffle entry sales are final, and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £1 per ticket to enter the raffle does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
- Acorns Children’s Hospice is not liable for any lost, stolen, delayed, incomplete or illegible entries, or entries that reach us after the closing date, or for any delay in bank payments. Proof of posting is not proof of delivery. Any money received after the closing date will be treated as a donation.
- The closing date is Monday 1st May 2023.
- The draw for the prizes will be made on Monday 15th May 2023. A list of winners will appear on our website within 5 working days.
1st Prize. The first prize will be awarded as £2,023 (BACS transfer)
2nd Prize. Will be awarded as £500 (BACS transfer).
3rd Prize. Will be awarded as £200 (BACS transfer).
Super Supporter Draw. Each entrant who buys 20 or more tickets will be entered into the Super Supporter Draw. The selected winner will win Hotel Chocolate Velvitizer bundle which will be posted directly to the winner with the address provided on the ticket only. The images used in promotion show a best depiction of the prize at the time of print. Exact contents may vary.
Speed Draw: Each entrant who returns their tickets and payment by 1st May 2023 will be entered into the Speed Draw. Selected winners of the Speed Draw will be awarded a £10 Amazon gift card each. There are 10 to be won. The prize includes free delivery by post within the UK. The prize is non-transferable.
- If a cash prize is awarded, this will be made by BACS transfer in the name of the entrant only.
- If a non cash prize is awarded, Acorns Children’s Hospice reserves the right to honour this by way of relevant vouchers to the value of the equivalent cash prize.
- Acorns Children’s Hospice reserves the right in exceptional and unforeseen circumstances to substitute any of the non cash prizes acquired for the raffle for a similar prize at Acorns absolute discretion.
- The winner’s contract in respect of the non cash prizes is directly with the supplier of the prize, and Acorns Children’s Hospice shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect and/or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize or any part of it. There may be certain conditions attached to some prizes. For example, where the prize is a holiday, certain dates for travel may be excluded and total costs will not exceed the cash equivalent prize. Nothing shall exclude Acorns Children’s Hospice’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence. Suppliers or manufacturers of prize brands are not sponsors of this raffle or involved in any arrangements relating to this raffle.
- Events outside Acorns Children’s Hospice’s control could result in a non-cash prize being replaced by cash or a similar prize of equivalent market value.
- Full payment for each ticket must be received either in the form of cash or cleared funds before the ticket can be entered into the raffle. Only tickets for which full payment has been received either in the form of cash or cleared funds are eligible to win the prize.
- Payment for participation in the Grand Raffle can be made by cheque or debit card. Credit cards, CAF or other charity vouchers cannot be accepted as payment for raffle tickets. We do not advise you to send cash through the post.
- The winners of the raffle prizes will be notified by telephone where possible and by letter.
- Acorns will only present prizes to the person named on the winning ticket. We cannot discuss the terms of the prize with anyone apart from the person named on the winning ticket.
- All entrants are solely responsible for providing Acorns Children’s Hospice with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and Acorns will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided. In the event that an entrant changes their contact details, they will be solely responsible for advising Acorns of the change.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to take part in reasonable promotional activity. However, Acorns Children’s Hospice will endeavour to make prior contact with the player to confirm they are happy for this to happen.
- Acorns Children’s Hospice shall not be liable to the entrants for any loss or damage suffered or arising from: –
- any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by Acorns or the entrants from time to time.
- any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by Acorns for the administration of the raffle.
- any delays or failures in the banking system used by Acorns or the entrants.
- any refusal by Acorns to accept registration of an individual as an entrant or the cancellation of an entrant.
- any failure to enter a chance into the raffle any event beyond the reasonable control of Acorns
- Nothing within these terms and conditions shall create or should be construed as creating any form of contract between any entrant and Acorns Children’s Hospice.
- Any complaints relating to the raffle should be sent in writing to Acorns Children’s Hospice Supporter Services team, Drakes Court, Alcester Road, Wythall, Birmingham, B47 6JR; by email email@example.com or telephone 01564 825 037 giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation.
- Acorns Children’s Hospice is committed to protecting the entrant’s privacy. Data that is collected from the member is used lawfully in accordance with GDPR and is used for the purpose of processing raffle chances, subsequent entry into the raffle, and informing winners that they have won a prize. For more information please read our Information Promise at https://www.acorns.org.uk/our-information-promise
- Any entrant has the right to access the information held about them. To obtain this information, please contact Acorns Children’s Hospice in writing.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, the decision of Acorns Children’s Hospice shall be final, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Acorns Children’s Hospice reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If Acorns does this, it will publish the amended rules on its website.
- Acorns Children’s Hospice reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these rules.
- The individual responsible for the promotion of the raffle is Noel Cramer, Director of Supporter Engagement.
- Neither Acorns Children’s Hospice nor our raffle management company shall be liable to you in contract, tort, and negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the raffle (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Raffle and/or the chance of winning a prize).
- Each entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their reference.
- This raffle is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Should gambling become a problem we recommend you contact BeGambleAware. For help and advice please visit www.begambleaware.org or call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 – lines open 8am to midnight.
- An instruction to be self-excluded, as defined in the Gambling Act 2005, from raffle or future raffle mailings may be submitted in writing to Acorns Children’s Hospice Supporter Services team, Drakes Court, Alcester Road, Wythall, Birmingham, B47 6JR; by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01564 825 037.
- Under the Gambling Act 2005 we have a statutory duty to verify that all players are aged 18 or over. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 18 to participate in any form of gambling, including lotteries. We may on occasion carry out checks to verify this requirement. If any player is subsequently found to be under 18 years of age, anything already paid will be returned and every effort made to retrieve any winnings.
Terms and conditions for Speed Draw and Super Supporter Draw participation
- The Speed Draw is open to all entrants in the Grand Raffle 2023. No donation or payment in addition to purchase of a Grand Raffle ticket is necessary.
- Entries for the Speed Draw need to be received by 5pm 6th March 2023. The prize winners will be selected randomly from all qualifying entries. All winners will be notified by post.
- The Super Supporter Draw is open to all entrants in the Grand Raffle 2023. To qualify for the Super Supporter Draw, entrants must purchase 20 or more tickets.
- Only one entry per responder is valid for each Draw.
- Acorns Children’s Hospice accepts no liability for tickets, entries or prizes that are lost in the post or damaged to the extent that the prize winner cannot be identified.
- Speed Draw: There are 10 prizes, each a £10 Amazon Gift Card. There is no cash prize alternative. The prize includes free delivery by post within the UK. The prize is non-transferable.
- Super Supporter Draw: There is 1 prize of a Hotel Chocolate Velvetiser gift bundle which will be posted directly to the winner with the address provided on the ticket only. The images used in promotion show a best depiction of the prize at the time of print. Exact contents may vary.
- A list of winners will be displayed on the website within 5 days of the draw date.
- If a contact has been attempted by Acorns Children’s Hospice using the details provided by the entrant and no reply is made within 30 calendar days, the prize shall be treated as a donation to Acorns Children’s Hospice.
- The winner agrees to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their name and photography in such publicity.
- Acorns Children’s Hospice will use personal data from the received registrations for the purposes of running the Speed Draw and Super Supporter Draw. By entering the Speed Draw and/or the Super Supporter Draw, all Entrants consent to the use of their personal data by Acorns for the purposes of the administration of the Speed Draw and/or Super Supporter Draw and any other purposes to which the entrant consented.
- By entering the Speed Draw and/or Super Supporter Draw entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by the decisions of Acorns Children’s Hospice, which are final in all matters relating to the Early Bird and Super Searcher Draw.
- Acorns Children’s Hospice will not be responsible for technical failures or otherwise including any failure which is within the control of Acorns or its agencies. Acorns Children’s Hospice reserves the right to extend, withdraw, alter or suspend the Speed Draw and/or Super Supporter Draw for legal or technical reasons without any liability. Any such alterations will be posted to the website as soon as is reasonably possible. Events outside Acorns Children’s Hospice’s control could result in a prize being replaced by a similar prize of equivalent value.