House and furniture collections
Book a free house collection with Acorns and turn your unwanted furniture into cash to help us care for local children.
Book a free house collection
Get in touch with our team to book a house collection by calling 01564 825 027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Please read the information below and our FAQs before getting in touch.
Before getting in touch
We have to ask a few questions when you get in touch, to make it as quick and easy for you as possible please have the below information to hand.
- A list of the items you have for collection
- Your preferred collections times (which days you are available and whether you would prefer an AM or PM collection.
- When you get in touch to book a furniture collection you will be asked if you would like to sign up to Gift Aid, allowing us to raise 25% extra from your donations to support our care. It's quick and simple to sign up to Gift Aid and makes a big difference. Read more here or get in touch on 01564 825 027 or email email@example.com for more information.
We collect a whole range of furniture items such as wardrobes, tables, chairs, sofas (with fire labels) and small electricals. However, there are certain items that we are not able to collect for safety, legal or quality reasons, please be sure to read the below section carefully to avoid disappointment.
- Upholstered furniture without a fire label (this includes items without labels that are part of a set)
- Upholstered furniture with damage or large tears
- Furniture with damage or missing parts that may make the item unsafe
- Damaged veneer wood furniture exposing the inner wood
- Mattresses and upholstered beds
- Electric blankets
- Sunbeds and tanning equipment
- Electric showers
- Gas appliances
- Cookers and ovens
- Radiators and heater
We can only collect items that meet UK safety standards, this means that all upholstered items must have a fire safety label attached. These labels are permanent and sewn or stapled to the item. Unfortunatey, we are not able to collect items where the fire label has been removed, this includes items of a set where the label is not present on each individual item.
Checking for fire labels
There are two versions of fire labels as pictured below. The label may be found on any external surface of the item, be sure to check under removable cushions and seating as it may be located in these areas.
Gift Aiding your donations is simple and makes a huge difference by helping us to claim an extra 25% from the government on all of your kindly donated items.
When you get in touch to book a furniture collection you will be asked if you would like to sign up to Gift Aid, click here to find out more about why it makes such a big difference.
High value and specialist items
We work hard to make sure we always get the most from your kindly donated items. This includes working with specialists to price high value and specialist items, ensuring we get the best possible price and make the biggest difference with your donations.
Please send any house clearance enquiries through to firstname.lastname@example.org although we do not always have the capacity to fulfil all house clearance requests we will accommodate where possible.