Solihull Half Marathon 2022 Terms and Conditions
- Acorns have a limited number of guaranteed places available on a first-come-first-serve basis. To apply for one of these places you must agree to pay a declared sponsorship as outlined on the event web page.
- All donations are non-refundable even in the case of injury and/or not taking part in the event.
- To complete your registration, you will also need to complete the online registration process set up by Run Through, the event organisers. This will include their terms and conditions.
- Acorns Children’s Hospice is collecting your personal information as part of your application to participate in the Solihull Half Marathon 2022. Where necessary, we will pass this information onto Run Through who will use it for the organisation and delivery of the event. We will not pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes.
- While taking part in the run, all participants are representatives of Acorns Children’s Hospice, as such we expect all participants to have consideration for other people.
- By entering the event you give permission for the free use of any pictures or video footage taken by you on the day for promotional advertising or other uses as deemed appropriate by Acorns Children’s Hospice.
Paying your sponsorship funds to Acorns
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you are agreeing to the minimum sponsorship ask as stated on the website. £75 of this sponsorship must be raised one month before the event (14th July 2022). Failure to do this may result in you losing your running place.
- Any existing regular donations which you make to Acorns do not form part of the total raised through sponsorship. This includes any donations made by a corporation that you represent.
- Monies reclaimed by Acorns from the Inland Revenue for Gift Aid (or any other charity tax scheme) does not count towards the total value of sponsorship you raise.
- Sponsorship money must be paid directly to Acorns via cash, cheque, online via JustGiving or by card over the phone. Cash payments can be made in person by prior arrangement only. Cheques should be paid to ‘Acorns Children’s Hospice’ and sent to The Events Team at Drakes Court with a covering note detailing the name of the participant and the event name (in this case the Solihull Half Marathon 2022). Online fundraising pages should be set up in the name of the participant. Please follow this advice to ensure that Acorns can easily trace the funds that you pay in.
- Acorns cannot be held liable for any cheques lost in the post, or monies paid to Acorns in any way other than those which Acorns has recommended. The amount which Acorns deems to have been raised by you will be the amount that Acorns has recognised as having been paid into its bank account by you.
Cancelling your place
- If you wish to cancel your place, please let us know as soon as possible to allow us to reallocate it to another runner.
- The Acorns places are just for the 2022 event only. If you have to withdraw from the run, regardless of the proximity to event day, this does not guarantee that your application would be considered for a place in a 2023 running event.
IMPORTANT: If you sustain an injury and are unable to take part in the run, please contact the Acorns Events team in writing as soon as possible. It is important that you do not take part in the event unless you are completely fit to do so.
If you have registered other people in this event, please be aware that you have accepted the terms and conditions on their behalf and are confirming that you have been given the authorisation to do so. It is your responsibility to ensure that the members of your group have read and understand the terms and conditions.