This clinical training includes three modules of theory, including interactive games, group activities, scenario work and an interactive workbook to support pre & post learning, along with access to all of Acorns assessment tools that can be adapted to your practice.
Elements covered are Sepsis, ABCDE assessment and launch of available Acorns assessment tools. Sessions run for four hours generally from 9am to 13:00PM (but other times could be negotiated).
We are able to offer a free session on one of our existing courses per hospice as a trial/peer review to see if this can support your teams.
Please contact us to discuss available dates regarding free trial sessions and paid for sessions for your teams.
Who is it for?
When and where?
Dates for the care of the acutely unwell child training are available upon request. The training is four hours long in total and consists of blended learning through Adobe Connect and a self-guided course learning flip book.
How much does the training cost?
The course costs £50 per place and each session has 8 places.
If you require two sessions on the same day, (up to 16 places available), there is a discounted total price of £600 (Times 08:30-12:30 & 1pm – 5pm)
By participating in this training you will be able to:
- State what Sepsis is and identify common causes of Sepsis
- Recognise the seriously unwell child and initiate appropriate interventions to prevent further deterioration and cardio-respiratory arrest
- Understand and be able to apply the ABCDE approach
- Select the correct Acorns Assessment Tool based on the situation and the child’s age range
- Plan how to manage and co-ordinate roles and responsibilities within the team in responding to a deteriorating child