Join our team of volunteers as a collection tin coordinator and play your role in making every day count for the children and families we provide care and support to.
- Do you have a few hours to spare each month?
- Do you have suggestions on where our collection tins could be best placed?
- Would you like to join us on our mission to raise funds for local life limited and life threatened children and their families?
We are looking for friendly and reliable people who can manage Acorns collection tins in their local community – no need to travel far as we can agree locations close to your home. Our collection tins are a simple way to raise money and awareness for Acorns, to help us continue to support local children and their families, including those who are bereaved.
As a collection tin coordinator, you will be asked to identify potential collection tin locations and distribute collection tins in your local community. When it’s full, you’ll replace the tin, bringing the full one to one of our three hospices located in Birmingham, Worcester and Walsall for counting and banking, or to our Head Office in Wythall if that is more convenient for you. And that’s all we ask of you!
What skills and attributes do I need?
- Access to a vehicle or good transport links
- The confidence to approach shops/pubs/businesses etc. to ask them if they will take a collecting tin and to agree a date to replace them
- Aged 18+
- Able to provide 2 references
When you join our team you’ll get:
- A warm welcome
- An induction and a personal point of contact at Acorns
- An ID Badge and an Acorns T-shirt
- Support and guidance on approaching your local community
- A cup of tea every time you bring a box in!
The difference you make
Did you know that the average collection tin raises £45 for good causes?
This could pay for 1 hour of Outreach (care and support for a family in their home or the community). So, by managing even a small number of local collection tins you will be making a huge difference to the work that we do.
If you have any questions, or would like further information please contact our Supporter Services team on 01564 825 037 or email firstname.lastname@example.org