How you can support local life limited and life threatened children.
Many of the babies, children and young people at Acorns Children’s Hospice have complex medical needs that require specialist 24-hour care and support. This is why your support with any charitable donation that you can make is vital in helping us to continue the work that we do.
It costs almost £10 million a year to run our care services in the hospices and community, and we rely heavily on the local community giving to charity to fund the majority of these activities.
Every donation to charity or monies raised, large or small, can make a real difference. A single charitable donation, fundraising or setting up your own monthly gift will help ensure we will always be there when families need us, now and in the future.
Every charitable donation makes a difference to the care we provide.
Pay money in
Pay in monies you have raised through fundraising activities or event sponsorship.
Other ways to donate to Acorns Children’s Hospice:
In memory of a loved one
Many charitable donations that come to Acorns Children’s Hospice are made in memory of a loved one. They are a very poignant way to remember someone special, while also helping to raise money for local children and young people with life limiting and life threatening conditions and their families.
Leave a gift in your Will
A charitable donation in your Will, however large or small, can help to make sure that we can continue to provide specialist care services.
Give through your salary
Did you know you can donate to charity regularly directly from your salary? It is a hassle free way of supporting Acorns Children’s Hospice and the work that we do for local life limited children and their families throughout the year. It is also tax-free - the donation is made after National Insurance, but before tax.
To donate by mobile, text GIVE12 followed by £3, £5 or £10 to 70070 (eg. GIVE12 £10)
N.B. Acorns can now receive 100% of your donation via JustTextGiving. Denominations available are £1, £2, £3, £5, £10. An individual can give a maximum of £30 per day.
Terms and Conditions
1. We now have several ways that you can support us via your mobile
2. If your keyword and short code are valid, you will be charged your chosen donation amount via a confirmation text message from JustTextGiving and all of your donation will go to Acorns Children’s Hospice. You will also receive a 2nd text inviting you to gift aid your donation.
3. All supporters must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message. If you are under 16 years old, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to send a text donation to us.
4.. Acorns Children’s Hospice and their contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost or not properly received.
5. Acorns Children’s Hospice is a registered charity, number 700859 (England and Wales).
6. Acorns Children’s Hospice reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. You should therefore check these terms and conditions regularly.
7. Should you have any queries please contact Acorns Children’s Hospice on 01564 82 5000.
Raise funds for Acorns as you shop online through the easyfundraising website with no extra cost to you, or your shopping.
JustGiving is a quick and easy way to promote your fundraising project and collect sonsorship online. Set up your page today and start fundraising for Acorns.
TAXPAYERS! For every pound you give to us, we can claim at least 25% back from the Government, without it costing you a penny extra! Please tick the appropriate box on the online donation form.
Giving to charity
At Acorns Children’s Hospice, we want you to know that your charitable donations are handled safely and reliably, and we are fully transparent about the ways in which we spend this money.
Any charitable donation that you can make, even small, can transform someone’s life for the better.