Become a Major Donor for Acorns
At Acorns we rely heavily on our network of philanthropists. Our supporters are an incredible group of people who help to make a vital and meaningful difference to our work, helping us continue to care for life limited or life threatened children and their families.
Our philanthropy team work closely with our supporters to offer a tailored relationship to find projects and activities that inspire and engage individuals to support our work.
We appreciate every donation, big or small, but by making a major gift you can make a real and lasting impact, one which enables us to plan ahead and provide the best possible care for our children and families whatever future challenges they may face.
How we support you
At Acorns we take great care to build long-term, meaningful relationships with our supporters. Their support is unique, dependent upon their capacity to give and their motivation and drive to support us. From the moment you contact us, our dedicated Philanthropy team will work closely with you so that we can discuss our work and align specific projects and areas of our work with your individual interests.
Whether you are a private individual, family, Trust or Foundation we have a wide range of projects to fund which we can happily discuss with you. We will keep you updated on how projects are progressing and welcome you to visit our hospices to see first-hand how your gift is making a difference to our vital work. For us it’s more than just a financial transaction, – it’s about meaningful relationships. Working together with our donors makes us stronger.
Our promise to you:
- We will provide you with regular updates about the aspects of our work that interest you.
- You will be welcome to visit your chosen hospice on a regular basis, to see first-hand the difference your support is making.
- We will thank you in a way that works best for you.
- We will listen, we welcome your honest feedback and will try our utmost to support your wishes.
- We will invite you to exclusive Acorns events throughout the year.
- We will make sure your donation has the maximum impact.
Trusts and Foundations
Trusts and Foundations provide funding in a variety of ways which include funding our core nursing costs, as well as capital projects and items. Support can range from £1,000 to support one day of nursing support, to funding specific capital projects such as:
- Maintain and improve our buildings and facilities.
- Enabling us to purchase specialist equipment from state-of-the-art beds, to syringe drivers that maximise comfort at the end of life.
- Funding items that improve patients’ quality of life such as our hydrotherapy pools, equipment for our gardens, music and art.
- Funding services that meet the wider needs of our children and families such as our:
- Sibling support groups
- Family support workers
- Specialist bereavement care and support
- Specialist support for pre-school children and their parents and carers through Stay and Play sessions
- Funding the cost of our Nurses or Physiotherapists for a year or multiple years
Interested in supporting us?
For an informal discussion on how to become a philanthropist for Acorns, please contact our friendly Philanthropy team on 01564 825037 or email email@example.com