Cancelling your place
Deposits are none refundable, however it may be possible to transfer your place to another participant, this is at the behest of Acorns and its partners.
If you have registered other people in this event, please be aware that you have accepted the terms and conditions on their behalf and are confirming that you have been given the authorisation to do so. It is your responsibility to ensure that the members of your group have read and understand the terms and conditions.
- The level of real, as opposed to perceived risk associated with the activities is very low. However, the types of risk may be something with which you are not ordinarily familiar. For avoidance of uncertainty, environments & situations that you may encounter include:
- Rough / rugged terrain: this may cause you to experience greater than usual strain on joints & muscles
- Physical effort: our activities may involve you in a greater level of exertion than in your usual day-to-day environment.
- Height & water: whilst appropriate safety precautions are taken, some people can find situations at height or on water to be stressful.
- Natural environment: most likely to be a rapid & significant change in the weather, or unstable/slippery conditions underfoot, but can also include rock falls, lightening etc.
- Slips & trips: the most common cause of accident throughout society, the opportunity for slips, trips & falls is likely to be greater than that which you usually experience.
- Loss or damage: the environments and activities that you choose to experience may increase the potential for loss of or damage to your personal clothing or equipment.
- Participants also have a direct responsibility for safety. Your responsibilities are as follows:
- Medical: please make us aware of medical condition(s) or injuries, past or present, which may affect or make ill-advised your participation in any activity. We can then agree with you whether or not you should participate.
- Fears & phobias: before commencing any activity, please ensure that we are aware if you have any major concerns, fears or phobias about the situation(s) in which you are choosing to place yourself. We will work with you to help ease your feelings of discomfort/apprehension/fear, & ensure that you are as comfortable as possible.
- Drugs & alcohol: it is potentially highly dangerous to participate in any activity whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Acorns and its partners reserves the right to prevent any person participating in any activity, should we suspect that they may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Instruction: you must accept & act upon all direction & instruction from our instructors.
IMPORTANT: If you sustain an injury and are unable to take part in the trek, please contact the Acorns Events team in writing as soon as possible. It is important that you do not take part in the event unless you are completely fit to do so.