Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them before completing your registration. You should understand that by submitting your registration form for Walsall Bubble Rush, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions for yourself and all those you are registering.
- If you have registered other people in this event, please be aware that you have accepted the terms and conditions on their behalf and are confirming that you have been given the authorisation to do so. It is your responsibility to ensure that the members of your group have read and understood the terms and conditions.
- All participants taking part in Bubble Rush do so at their own risk and understand that Acorns Children’s Hospice, Demelza and Off Limits (who are running the event), the sponsors or supporters of the event cannot be held liable for any injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability caused or sustained before, during, or after the event, as a result of your participation, or that of your group, unless caused by the negligence of both parties.
- The entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Transfer of waves is not permitted.
- Adult tickets are for participants aged 16 and over.
- Under 16s must be accompanied around the course at all times by a responsible adult, who has also registered for and is participating in the event. One adult can accompany two children under 16.
- Children under 3 will be charged £4 but will not receive a T-shirt. They will receive a medal and running number. If you would like them to have a T-shirt please purchase them a child ticket (3-15) and select the T-shirt size of your choice.
Sponsorship and fundraising
- Registration fees contribute largely to the cost of staging Walsall Bubble Rush and includes your entry pack and fundraising materials. All funds that are donated or raised in sponsorship go directly towards Acorns care services.
- All funds and sponsorship that you raise by your participation in this event are raised for the sole purpose and benefit of Acorns Children’s Hospice (registered charity no. 700859) and those who receive the support from its services.
- All sponsorship and donations are non-refundable even in the case of injury and/or not taking part in the event.
- Acorns Children’s Hospice collects your personal information as part of your application to participate in Bubble Rush. Where necessary we will pass this information onto our event partners who will use it for the organisation and delivery of the event. We will not pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes.
- While taking part in Bubble Rush, all participants are representatives of Acorns Children’s Hospice, as such we expect all participants to have consideration for other people.
Photography and video footage
- By entering the event you are confirming that you (and those you are buying tickets for) understand, and give permission for, any photographs or videos taken at the event to be used in publicity for this event and future events, including on promotional materials and online.
- By entering you also confirm that you (and those you are buying tickets for) understand that it is the participant’s responsibility to let staff know at registration if you do not want to appear in any such materials.
- Any vehicles left at Walsall Arboretum during Bubble Rush are left so at their own risk.
- The Bubble Rush course is approximately 2.5km or 5km depending on the number of laps taken. It is not a race and is a non- competitive, non-timed event. Participants can walk, jog or run and bypass bubble stations if necessary.
- Participants aged 16 years and under must take part alongside a paying adult and be accompanied throughout the event. School and youth groups who take part must have adequate supervision.
- Upon running through the Bubble Stations, all children must be accompanied by an adult who will be responsible for their safety.
- Please wear sensible footwear.
- The level of reality, as opposed to perceived risk associated with the activities is very low. However, the types of risk may be something with which you are not ordinarily familiar. For avoidance of uncertainty, environments & situations that you may encounter include:
- Rough / rugged terrain: this may cause you to experience greater than usual strain on joints & muscles.
- Physical effort: our activities may involve you in a greater level of exertion than in your usual day-to-day environment.
- Natural environment: most likely to be a rapid & significant change in the weather, or unstable/slippery conditions underfoot, but can also include, lightening etc.
- Slips & trips: the most common cause of accident throughout society, the opportunity for slips, trips & falls is likely to be greater than that which you usually experience.
- Loss or damage: the environments and activities that you choose to experience may increase the potential for loss of or damage to your personal clothing or equipment.
- Participants also have direct responsibility for safety. Your responsibilities are as follows:
- Medical: please make us aware of medical condition(s) or injuries, past or present, which may affect or make ill-advised your participation in any activity. We can then agree with you whether or not you should participate.
- Drugs and alcohol: it is potentially highly dangerous to participate in any activity whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Acorns Children’s Hospice and its partners reserves the right to prevent any person participating in any activity, should we suspect that they may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Instruction: you must accept and act upon all directions & instructions from our instructors.
IMPORTANT: If you sustain an injury and are unable to take part in Bubble Rush, please contact the Acorns Events team in writing as soon as possible. It is important that you do not take part in the event unless you are completely fit to do so.
- Due to the ingredients used for the dyes in the bubbles, these may stain clothing. It is the participant’s responsibility to come suitably dressed for the event. The event organisers take no responsibility for colour stains on any shoes or clothing. Please attach the rain cover on your pushchair if walking through bubbles.
- The foam mixture is completely natural and safe. The dye is food dye and is water soluble so it’s environmentally friendly too. In fact, the creamy foam has the same viscosity as water and does not contain any soap at all.
- It may take a couple of washes to remove the dye from your skin however it does not present any harm. Slight stinging in your eyes may occur, however the pH balance is very low. Be cautious when wiping your eyes with your hands if they have frothy suds all over them. We suggest you pack some wet wipes to remove excess foam after you’ve finished in the bubbles, and having some towels to hand in the car for the journey home – or better still a change of clothes!
- The bubble stations can be filled to a depth of 4 feet, we recommend that you carry small children, hold the hand of older children and that they wear eye protection – swimming goggles are fine!
Changes the to event and cancellation
- Acorns Children’s Hospice reserves the right to alter the start time and waves at any time.
- Acorns Children’s Hospice reserves the right to modify elements of the event to accommodate unexpected or unusual weather conditions.
- Acorns Children’s Hospice reserves the right to cancel this event at any time. In the event of this happening, Acorns Children’s Hospice and the suppliers will endeavour to reschedule the event and transfer all those already signed up to the revised date.
Paying your sponsorship funds to Acorns
- You are not permitted to use any of the sponsorship money that you raise in relation to Bubble Rush to pay for your expenses. If you do not pass all of the money that you raise to Acorns Children’s Hospice you may be committing a criminal offence.
- Any existing regular donations which you make to Acorns Children’s Hospice do not form part of the total raised through sponsorship. This includes any donations made by a corporation that you represent. The only exemption is Matched Funding.
- Monies reclaimed by Acorns Children’s Hospice from the Inland Revenue for Gift Aid (or any other charity tax scheme) does not count towards the total value of sponsorship you raise.
- Sponsorship money must be paid directly to Acorns Children’s Hospice via cash, cheque, online via JustGiving or by card over the phone or on our website. Cash payments can be made in person by prior arrangement only. Cheques should be paid to ‘Acorns Children’s Hospice’ and sent to The Events team at Drakes Court with a covering note detailing the name of the participant and the event name (in this case the Acorns Bubble Rush). Online fundraising pages should be set up in the name of the participant. Please follow this advice to ensure that Acorns Children’s Hospice can easily trace the funds that you pay in.
- Acorns Children’s Hospice cannot be held liable for any cheques lost in the post, or monies paid to Acorns Children’s Hospice in any way other than those which Acorns Children’s Hospice has recommended. The amount which Acorns Children’s Hospice deems to have been raised by you will be the amount that Acorns Children’s Hospice has recognized as having been paid into its bank account by you.