How to set up a group
In the beginning it’s best to start small with a few members and build up your events and fundraising over time, although if there are more of you and you have a wealth of contacts you might want to start with something a bit bigger like a Dinner Dance or Ball. Your group will need an appointed point of contact and will receive bespoke advice and support from your appointed Acorns fundraiser.
Acorns fundraising groups also benefit from:
- A personal Acorns point of contact and tailored advice and support
- Appropriate training and induction
- Promotional literature and fundraising tools such as collecting buckets, boxes and balloons
- Guidance on important issues such as health and safety
- Support with promotion, contacting the local press, and how to use the Acorns logo and the right language to use