Find a range of ideas and fundraising resources below by clicking on the option that suites you best.
Fundraising at playgroup, nursery or primary school
Fundraising at nursery or school is a great way for children and young people to play an active part in making a real difference in their local community.
With your playgroup, nursery or school’s support, you can help raise awareness about Acorns and raise vital funds to ensure that children with life limiting or life threatening conditions and their families continue to receive the vital care and support they need when they need it most.
Supercharge your fundraising
Packed with inspirational ideas for each term, fundraising tips and helpful resources including a poster template for you to personalise, our FREE School Fundraising Pack can help supercharge your fundraising efforts throughout the year, and our special Bunny Hop Pack contains everything you need for some active and creative FUNdraising in the spring.
We can also support you by:
- Sharing a range of fun and educational resources such as colouring sheets and puzzles (including Maths and English)
- Delivering age-appropriate assemblies, showcasing the impact of your support on the children we care for
- Providing additional fundraising resources such as posters and sponsorship forms
- Sending you collection tins and buckets to keep donations safe
- Sharing an exciting calendar of events to take part in
- Sending you thank you letters, certificates and offer a public thank you on our X (Twitter) page
- Attending a cheque presentation to celebrate the difference you have made.
Throughout your fundraising journey, our friendly team will be on hand to support you every step of the way. We’ve got everything you need to maximise the impact of your efforts and to help ensure you have a hassle-free, enjoyable fundraising experience.
If you have any questions about getting started with your fundraising or have a particular activity/project your setting is thinking of doing, we’d love to chat about how we can work together with you. If this is of interest, please get in touch with the Acorns Fundraising team on email@example.com and we’ll be in touch.
We’d also love to hear updates on any fundraising you’re doing to support Acorns, so please feel free to drop us a line to share your stories and pictures on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundraising at secondary school, colleges and universities
Fundraising is a great way for young people to support their local community while developing key skills such as team building and project planning.
Fundraising for Acorns is also a hugely rewarding experience, allowing students to challenge themselves while making a huge difference to local life limited children and their families.
FREE fundraising pack
For secondary schools, we also have a FREE Fundraising Pack, packed with inspirational ideas, fundraising tips, and helpful resources to help supercharge your fundraising efforts throughout the year.
Building a partnership with you is important to us, and we’ll work with you to find suitable fundraising and volunteering opportunities for your students and staff.
Throughout your fundraising journey, our friendly team will be on hand to support you. We’ve got everything you need to maximise the impact of your efforts and to help ensure you have a hassle-free, enjoyable fundraising experience.
We have a range of handy resources to help you fundraise including a Guide to Fundraising, poster templates for you to personalise to your event/activity and Acorns stories to help showcase the impact of your support.
Colleges and universities
We have extensive experience working with colleges and universities to support RAG week fundraising, whole year charity support and even charity partnered student UK challenges such as Tough Mudder. We offer tailored support and work collaboratively with student leaders and student fundraisers to create opportunities and events that best suit your needs.
In addition, we’re happy to:
- Give talks and presentations to your students to explain more about the care we provide and the impact this has on local families
- Provide helpful resources to support staff and students with their fundraising activities
- Offer volunteering and work experience opportunities to build your students’ CVs
- Work with school clubs and societies on individual projects
- Share an exciting calendar of events for keen runners, daredevils and students who just want to try something new
- Send you thank you letters, certificates and a public thank you on our social media
- Attend cheque presentations to celebrate the difference you have made.
If you have any questions about getting started with your fundraising or have a particular activity/project your school, college or university is thinking of doing, we’d love to chat about how we can work together with you.
If this is of interest, please get in touch with the Acorns Fundraising team on email@example.com and we’ll be in touch.