This autumn, a team of intrepid Acorns supporters will be taking on the world’s largest hot desert to help raise funds towards our vital care and support.
Acorns Sahara Trek will see challengers hike over the Moroccan sands for five days, enduring varying desert terrain and dramatic temperature changes. They’ll also enjoy the magic of sleeping under canvas beneath the African skies and spend two days supporting a local charity.
This trip-of-a-lifetime, which is taking place from 14th to 21st October, captured the imagination of seven of our people, who jumped at the chance to join the trek.
Our super seven are:
- Vicki Rowles, Director of Fundraising
- Abi Coulson, Senior Partnership Fundraising Manager
- Kate Vousden, Area Fundraising Officer
- Lisa Taylor and Nicky Evans, Staff Nurses at Acorns for the Three Counties
- Rose Smith, Statutory Partnerships Officer
- Sue Jordan, Statutory Partnerships Manager.
Acorns #TeamSahara is now hard at work raising the sponsorship they need for the challenge. If you would like to support the super seven you can make a donation to their collective JustGiving page.